Self Assessment

 Self Assessment

 Strengths in blogging

    I think that for someone who has recently began blogging that I can write about the topic without struggling much. I can meet the requirements while being creative. My spelling and grammar meet the expectation as well as the length of my blog. When blogging I use Grammarly to double-check my work as I blog and also help me expand my vocabulary.  Another strength is I also feel like my blogs aren't boring and contain good images relating to the topic leading up to it.

Fields I could Improve In

    There are many things that I think I can improve on. For starters, my organization could use some work. I have some trouble in my blogs when it comes to knowing where to put what and when. Sometimes I don't know whether I should start another subheading or insert a picture there. Sometimes my transitions don't seem smooth which I feel makes my blog all over the place.


    When it comes to writing in general I always procrastinate because of the stress I get when writing. Although blogging is a bit easier I still seem to get the stressed feeling. The feeling all starts when I try to start on my blog and don't know how to start it or make it interesting. It leads me to start my assignments late which creates even more stress.

My thoughts on blogging

    This blogging journey has been interesting thus far. Blogging was something I use to think was boring. It was something I never thought I would enjoy doing. I was wrong and now prefer blogging than writing a regular MLA Times New Roman essay. When writing an essay I feel so restricted with what I can write but with blogging, I feel more creative and it makes writing fun. One thing however is that when blogging it is visible to the public which sparks some security concerns. Then again that's almost every social media platform so it isn't a huge issue to me. It can get a little concerning when the blog becomes more personal and someone has to review and comment on it such as my classmates.

Learning and Growth

    Throughout these four weeks, I have learned much about blogs though the Top Hat lessons and assignments. They have taught me many new vocab words used in blogs and have taught me shortcuts and ways of designing your blog. One main thing I hope we could go over in class soon if the structure of blogs more. I want to know how to start a blog and what do to if I have writer's block. I think this would help me with my procrastination and improve the flow of my blogs. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8